About the LMU Golf Classic
About the LMU Golf Classic and Dinner Auction
LMU's Premier Golf Classic Enters its 20th Year
Entering its 20th year in 2013, the LMU Golf Classic and Dinner Auction has become one of the premier events on the Loyola Marymount University calendar. Attended by many of our most enthusiastic and loyal Lion alumni, family and friends, this annual event has become a can't-miss day to meet and mingle with other LMU fans and offers something for everybody throughout the day.
Returning to Pacific Palms
Beginning in 2009 the LMU Golf Classic and Dinner Auction moved to a brand new day and location, at the prestigious Pacific Palms Resort in Industry Hills, CA. Featuring two 4-Star golf courses, the Ike and the Babe, Pacific Palms just finished a $60 million complete renovation to make it an even more first-class destination. For the first time in tournament history, the 2009 event was also the first to be held on a Friday to create a more enjoyable experience for all golfers and attendees.
Over $92,000 raised in 2012
In 2012, the LMU Golf Classic and Dinner Auction was one of our most successful ever in event history with over $92,000 raised and well over 200 golfers in attendance. All proceeds from the event benefit LMU student-athlete scholarships, and in the Golf Classic's 19-year history it has raised over $900,000. Players in the golf event have the option to choose between either a team scramble scoring, or individual best-ball, to create an enjoyable golfing experience for everybody from beginner to a pro.
Plan to join us in 2013!
The largest Catholic University in the Los Angeles and Orange County Metropolitan areas, Loyola Marymount University boasts a strong and loyal base of 70,000 total alumni and 8,000 current students. The central golf tournament for LMU, the Golf Classic brings together our best Lions alumni and fans and is a showcase for both LMU and Athletics.
Pricing and Sponsorship Information:
- Individual Registration Fee: $350 until April 12, $375 April 13-26
- Young Alumni Registration (class of 2003-2012): $275 until April 12, $300 April 13-26
- Tee and Green Sign: $500 (does not include individual registration, available separately)
- VIP Foursome: $2,500, includes 4 individual player spots, Tee and Green Sign, and sponsor logo placement on website and recognition at dinner and in program.
- Premier Sponsor: $5,000, includes 2 foursomes, sponsor logo on all tee and green signs, premier logo placement on website, lead recognition at dinner and in program, and signage at all events.
$100 of each individual registration fee, and $25 of Young Alumni registration, are credited as a tax-deductible gift to LionsFund. All $500 of the Tee and Green Sponsorship, and $1,500 of the VIP, and $3,000 of the Premier Sponsorship, receive credit as a tax-deductible gift.
We look forward to having you join us on May 17, 2013, to make the upcoming LMU Golf Classic and Dinner Auction the most successful in our history!