2012-2013 Academic Year
If you are interested in receiving financial aid, please follow these steps:
STEP 1: Complete the 2012-2013 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
To be considered for federal, state, or institutional aid, LMU requires students to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every year. The FAFSA determines eligibility for work study and low-interest federal loans; this includes Federal Parent PLUS Loans.
Please complete the FAFSA and other application requirements by March 2, 2012 for priority funding consideration of your financial aid award.
- Complete the FAFSA online by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- If you have filed your 2011 federal tax return, we recommend you use the IRS data retrieval (See FAQ) to update your FAFSA with actual parent and/or student tax information. If you have not filed, use your best estimate. You can correct your FAFSA using the IRS Data retrieval process after you have filed your 2011 federal tax returns.
- LMU’s Federal School Code is 001234.
STEP 2: Complete the LMU Application Online through PROWL.
- Access the LMU Application via MyLMU under the “Systems Login” menu and select PROWL.
- Click on the ‘’Financial Aid’’ tab and select “Financial Aid Requirements.” Then select the 2012-2013 aid year and click on the link for the LMU Application.
- Complete the LMU Application. Your LMU Application will be considered incomplete until all questions are answered.
STEP 3: Check your "MyTask List" regularly in MyAid.
- Additional information may be required from you or your parents to complete your financial aid application. Continue checking your "MyTask List" for new tasks. These can also be viewed in your “Financial Aid Requirements” in PROWL.
- To avoid delays in the processing of your financial aid award, submit all requested documents within 10 days to the Financial Aid Office.
If you have any questions, contact the Financial Aid Office by email at email@example.com