Information for Students
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (and amendments) "No otherwise qualified person with a disability in the United States... shall, solely by reason of... disability, be denied the benefits of, be excluded participation in, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance."
The information on the following pages help to explain student rights and responsibilities as well as office guidelines regarding certain accommodations. If you find that you have any questions please contact the DSS Office at (310) 338-4216.
- Student Rights
- Student Responsibilities
- Service and Assistance Animals Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions
DSS Policies and Procedures:
- Appeal & Complaint Resolution Procedures
- Admission Policies
- Assistive Technology Policies
- Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) Services Policy
- Kurzweil Scanning Station Policy
- Note Taking Services Policy
- Proctoring Services (Testing) Policy
To learn more about confidentiality and the differences in the law from high school to college, please visit our Information for Parents page.