> Loyola Marymount University
> Student Life
> Student Affairs Division > Activities & Service > Student Leadership & Development > Student Organizations > Student Event Scheduling > Event Booking Process
Event Booking Process
How to Reserve Space and Equipment On Campus for an Event
Planning an event is a multi-step process, and the Student Event Scheduling Office is prepared to help you every step of the way. Follow the steps listed below to plan, organize, and coordinate a student-sponsored event at LMU.
1. Make a "Wish List" of everything you want for your event. Remember to consider the following items:
2. Print out an Activity Planner. Fill out all sections completely.
3. If you are having food at your event
- LMU Event Planning Guidelines
- Arrangement of tables and chairs
- Food and beverage service
- Draw a diagram
- Table cloths, silverware, decorations
- Amount of time needed to set up and prepare on the day of the event
- Event start and end times
- Preferred location and back up locations
(self-provided, Sodexo, or an off-campus restaurant), go to the Sodexo Catering Office located in Ahmanson North to get the approval signature. Sodexo has a 24-hour turn around policy, which means that they require 24 hours to approve your Activity Planner.
4. Come to Student Event Scheduling
Located in Malone 103, our student staff will check space and equipment availability for you. The student staff member will continue to assist you with your event planning needs.
*** Please note that Activity Planner must be submitted at least one week in advance. ***
5. Once your event has been confirmed by Student Event Scheduling and entered into our reservation system
, you and the organization advisor will receive a confirmation via email to the address provided on the Activity Planner. Your event is not confirmed until you receive the email confirmation. Print out the confirmation for your records and bring to your event.