The women of Loyola Marymount University embody the mission and the purpose of the University – fulfillment of the entire person.In this spirit, the Women’s Leadership Council (WLC) of Loyola Marymount University has been initiated to further advance the involvement and leadership of women at all levels of the University.Through this Women’s Leadership Council, we will continue this proud tradition of female strength and leadership and support the University by increasing the visibility of women, providing advocacy about philanthropic issues.
The purpose of the Women’s Leadership Council is to advocate the increasing involvement and visibility of the women in leadership roles within the University. Engaging members' individual and collective expertise, WLC strives to:
- Attract and involve women alumnae and friends by strengthening their connection to each other and to the University.
- Expand the role of women within groups and boards at the University that establish policy and long-term planning for the University.
- Assist in attracting distinguished and influential women to LMU and enhance the experiences and leadership opportunities for outstanding female alumnae, faculty, staff, friends and students.
- Provide mentoring and serve as role models for LMU female alumnae, faculty, staff, friends and students.
- Provide philanthropic support for University initiatives furthering WLC’s mission and goals.
The members of the WLC must be:
- Affiliated with a University alumna, friend, faculty and/or staff or interested in becoming more closely affiliated with the University.
- A leader who has accomplished a high level of recognized success in her career or volunteer activities other than LMU.
- Interested in and concerned for LMU, its constituents and its public image.
- Committed to strengthening the experience of women affiliated with LMU, whether as students, staff, faculty, alumnae or friends.
- Willing to become an active LMU volunteer, beginning with involvement with the WLC.