Preventing and Reporting Mold and Mildew
Here are some of the steps Facilities Management takes to address mold and mildew issues:
- Cleans and sanitizes affected areas.
- If necessary, repaints affected areas.
Here are some things you can do:
- Do not leave food out in your room.
- Hang up any damp/wet clothing in your room.
- Open your drapes during some part of the day.
- Ventilate your room at least part of every day.
- Open your window during the warmer part of the day, or
- Open your room door while you are home and run a fan to circulate the air into the hallway.
- As soon as you see any mold or mildew, submit a work order and report it to your Resident Advisor or Resident Director.
- While some molds can be benign and nothing more than an eyesore, others can cause serious health concerns. Untreated mold can grow very quickly. It is important that you report mold growth right away.