Students interested in summer housing will be able to apply beginning in early April. The application process consists of the following three required application materials:
- Complete the online application found in MyLMU. To access the online application, please login to MyLMU and click on “System Logins” on the top right to access the option titled “Student Housing Online Services” from the drop down menu. Select the “Apply” tab, the link titled "Summer Housing Process" and follow the instructions to begin your application.
- Electronically acknowledge the License Agreement found in the online application. We encourage you to save a copy of the License Agreement for future reference.
- Pay the non-refundable $100 housing processing fee. This fee can be paid at the Student Accounts Office located on the 2nd floor of the Charles Von Der Ahe building or online at the Student Accounts website.
- Have a registered internship with Career Development Services
- Work on campus for a minimum of 20 hours a week
- Take 3 units or more in summer school at LMU
Students receiving summer housing will be placed in one of our fully furnished, two-bedroom, one-bathroom apartments that are designed to accommodate four students. The living room is furnished with a sofa, two arm chairs, a coffee table, an end table, a table lamp, and a floor lamp. The kitchen is equipped with an electric range/oven and refrigerator. The bedrooms are furnished with twin extra long beds, dressers, bookshelves, and desks for each student. Please see the links below for more details.
Summer Housing Dates
Students have the opportunity to choose the move-in and move-out date that works best for them. For all students, check-in time is from 8:00-4:00 PM at the summer Area Office located in Leavey Suite J, and check-out time is at 12:00 PM. Listed below are the dates from which students will be able to choose.
Please note that the spring-to-summer transition date is Wednesday, May 9, 2012. In addition, the summer-to-fall transition date is Monday, August 13, 2012.
|May 9, 2012
Recommended for students who are currently living on campus and do not wish to move off campus before the start of Summer Session I.
|June 22, 2012
Recommended for students who wish to remain on campus through the end of Summer Session I.
|May 14, 2012
Recommended for students who do not have spring housing assignments, but who wish to live on campus during Summer Session I.
|August 3, 2012
Recommended for students who wish to remain on campus through the end of Summer Session II.
|June 25, 2012
Recommended for students not currently living on campus, but who wish to live on campus during Summer Session II.
|August 13, 2012*
Recommended for students with fall housing assignments who wish to live on campus from the end of Summer Session II until the beginning of the fall semester.
*Students who choose the August 13th move-out date have two move-out options:
1. Transition to their fall on-campus housing assignment on August 13th and begin paying the daily rate associated with the fall housing assignment as of August 13th.
2. Move to an off-campus residence on August 13th.